'2012' Review

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Well folks, I am sure by now many of you have had an opportunity to review the new movie '2012'. I recently had a chance to see it and I would give it three and half stars.

Several words come to mind when I think of '2012': Thought provoking, predictable, climactic, campy, and quite a few more. Why campy you ask - that is because there are so many predictable scenes. One thing I did like about it though is how it portrays the way the world treats those wealthy people versus regular Joes. I won't give away the whole movie, but suffice it to say that was part that really captured my attention - reason being, because should such an end of times disaster begin to unfold, the wealthy will probably be treated much differently than the rest of us.

If you do not have a state of the art home entertainment center, I would recommend definitely seeing it in the theater. The special effects were excellent and the theater experience highlights this.

What are my thoughts on whether the world will end in 2012? I don't know. I just kind of roll with the punches anyway and if it does, I have no control over it. The movie '2012' is based on the school of thought that because the Mayan calendar ends that year, perhaps the world will as well. I think the fact that Oprah announced today that she will end her show next year is pretty much proof positive for me that the end is near - at least the end of Oprah's run as queen of daytime television.

0 comments:

Post a Comment