Ten Angels Swearing . . .

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, what's said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right would make no difference."

The above quote is from President Abraham Lincoln. If I had to guess, that probably just about sums up how President Obama feels at this point in time. How could he not? He inherited a mess that had been years in the making and now precisely the creators of the economic disaster are pointing their fingers at the Democratic administration, as if they somehow orchestrated it. In all reality, they are attempting to do whatever they can to prevent a total collapse in the U. S. economy. Perhaps they are making some mistakes in the process – who knows? But at least someone is wholeheartedly attempting to "fix" things, albeit just a little too late in the game.

At this point in time, everyone should be pitching in to help stabilize things and to do what we can to lessen the blows to our economy. Instead, some of the people in charge are using this as an opportunity to take potshots at the president, in an attempt to make it appear as though he alone created this mess of an economy. It just goes to show how some people are not beyond kicking someone when they are down. It better shows just how diabolical certain groups can be – and make no mistake about it – that can only hurt all of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment